View Single Post
Old 10-25-15, 11:40 AM   #302
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

If you like Windows 7, Rockin Robbins has an excellent walk-through in this Topic on pp 18 post #270 detailing how to remove the 11 suspicious Microsoft updates that install some Win 10 'compatibility files' that then nag you to get Win 10, what their numbers are, and how to keep them from coming back.

I also disabled my 'auto update' and 'download but do not install until I'm ready' options and selected, 'don't download anything from MS update'.

Updates are usually released the second Tuesday of every month and I have always manually selected and installed their updates on that Tue, however now I will carefully research each one first.

Be very careful installing any software that is offered by 3rd party's that claim to remove the Win 10 nag screen icon. Always ask yourself, "is it also a virus or malware?" It is easy to follow Robbins' walk-through and do it yourself, plus you won't have that 3rd party tool to remove if it is even legit in the first place.

You can always upgrade to Win 10 whenever you want, but be aware that the free version of Win 10 will be a step down from your Win 7 version. Win 7 Home Premium will 'upgrade' to Win 10 Home for example:
http://www.cnet.com/news/which-editi...-get-for-free/

I'm checking back here in this Topic and other places before I install the upcoming Nov 10th Windows 7 updates though. There may be another one or two to add to the 'dirty 11'.

I understand that many people do like Windows 10, which is nice for them. More power to you users, glad you like it.

Happy Hunting!
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote