Old 01-29-21, 01:09 PM   #55
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

UPDATE #4

Started to work actively on the following stuffs:

Improving the Remove/Activate Sub Flags behaviour

Goal: Having the sub flag/s automatically moved at the correct place ( when surfaced ) or removed ( When submerged ) without being forced to, every time, enabling/disabling the mod of interest

Next Step: If what written above will be feasible, the next step will be looking if there is the possibility of adding the pennants too ( Always in an automated or semi-automated way as above )

Priority Status: - Flags: Secondary - Pennants: Secondary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improving the on-screen Warning Icons for orders

Goal: In the option file by TDW one of the options that is missing ( Feature planned but not yet added ) is the change to have the warning icons for orders ( Like for example the " Man at the battle stations " or the " Man the deck guns ", just to quote two of them ) disappearing after a certain amount of time ( Actually, once activated, these warning icons remains always visible on-screen ).
Letting them hide from the HUD and be displayed only for a fixed amount can be achieved pretty esily so I will add this option too ( Always as stand alone JSGME mod for the time being )

Priority Status: Primary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improving the crew voices routine

Goal: A thing that I really don't like is that actually almost all the crew voices, under certain conditions, are quite messed up ( For example when you are on silent running you continue to get the crew screaming orders instead of whispering them ). The same applies to some sound associated with the order of interest ( For example certain ringing bells playing when they instead they should not or ringing with a wrong sound associated ).
I've already took a look at the scripts and they are fortunately quite easy to be edited/modified accordingly ( Thanks Evil they are not complicated as the ones of the IL-2 Blitz Series! ).
I've also already located all the other files that should be of interest for realising this mod.
It will require time, because the files to be edited are a lot, but it seems to be fully feasible after the first tests/trials I have done about this aspect of the game.

Improving the aircraft DM, sounds, routines and fixing errors/glitches/bugs

Goal: Again, another thing that currently I really don't like of SH5.
The DM ( Acronym of " Damage Model " ) in the current version of TWoS ( .. but be clear, it's not fault at all of the mod creator/s but instead of the original game developers ) is beyond arcadish. With a few shots, just to quote a thing, you can let explode, for example, a medium/large bomber.
In addition some sounds of the aircraft are really bad ( For example the current Stuka seems to be more a flying fart than a real aircraft )
The same applies for certain aircraft routines and behaiours.
I have also noticed some glitches with aircraft ( For example under certain conditions and angles you will see the Stuka tail rudder flying some meters behind the aircraft. Normally this is provoked by nodes/3D parts overlapping so I will look into it, hopefully fixing it.
Again, it will require time, because the files to be edited are a lot, but it seems to be fully feasible after the first tests/trials I have done about this aspect of the game.

I'm also working on a lot of secondary stuffs that I will not mention in detail until the work will be completed and fully tested.
For now I'll say only that most of this part of the work covers the following:

- Improved loading times
- Spelling Errors
- Fixing minor glitches/stuffs found so far
- Improved fonts/writings/dials visibility for high resolution monitors ( Mainly 2K and 4K ones )
- Fixing/Improving menus layout and structure
- Removing useless/annoying tooltips ( For example I do not need an on-screen help text telling me tha I'm looking at the hydrophone when it's so obvious what the item of interest is )
- ... and lots of other minor stuffs that I notice while working on the various files mentioned above

Priority Status: Primary or Secondary depending on the file of interest

End of the report.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote