View Single Post
Old 01-17-08, 10:57 PM   #73
Genferret
Loader

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
You can delete it. There are some text messages that are tied to the events in Washington, and these show up on the clipboard even if you're not listening to that station. So if you delete it, you lose those. I've kept mine for just this reason, though I don't play the station anymore. Of course you can also just delete the one music track in it, then add your own music files.

As for the channel number, that's my bad. Before I created my stations, I was using another radio mod which changed Washington's channel number, and forgot stock SH4 uses 22.
I ended up just renumbering it to be the last station and made some modifications to what it plays, then again I renumbered some of yours too based off what I listened to most in the couple of patrols I've done since getting this mod. Love KPO, so that's now the first station I receive. Next career I'll probably move another station to the front so that I can hear what they have to offer.

Those old shows are great, and the comedy in them is just classic. I've actually found myself playing at 1x TC more so that I can listen to those shows without having to worry about possibly needing to dive so often and having them cut out or muffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
I've been waiting for someone to ask this!

1: One of the single war patrol missions lets you start before December 7th.

2: Some mods change the career start date to before the 7th too.

3: You can very easily change the career start date yourself. Open Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData; then open CareerStart.upc with Notepad. Change this line:

StartTimeInterval=1941-12-08, 1942-02-01

To this:

StartTimeInterval=1941-12-01, 1942-02-01

Save, and then when you select December, 1941 in a career you'll begin a few days before the Pearl Harbor attack.
I pretty much just play the career mode for SHIII/SHIV. So I'll probably edit the start time before I start my next career. What I did for now was created a new global station out of Minneapolis, MN (where I'm from originally) that plays repeats. The Radio Station Manager mod made that a pretty simple task for me to do.

For now it just plays shows from before the normal career start date and even some from the start date because the actual time your career starts can vary (morning/afternoon/evening). It comes on the air and starts those events on Dec 11th. Eventually I'm going to expand it to play other shows one month after their normal air time so that I can hear stuff I might have missed due to being in port for a month or whatever.
Genferret is offline   Reply With Quote