View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 12:07 PM   #311
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

17 July 1942

Sumatra
We lost an Aussie P-40 in a 24 vs 1 battle against Zeroes. I have some replacement aircraft for the British and New Zealand units so hopefully I'll be able to get a better CAP up soon. I might just disband this Australian unit soon, they're overdue for withdrawal anyway. The bombers taking advantage of this were bombing from 20,000ft so they didn't do all that much damage to the highly fortified base.

Malaya
We did a lot better at Singapore. 2 Hurricanes lost opposing the raids; they lost 6 Zeroes, 2 Oscars, and 5 Sallies (and a 6th to flak). They're also bombing from 20,000ft here, so same situation on the ground.

China
Another routine day of air battles over Chengchow; losses: 1 Oscar, 1 P-40, 1 P-43.

Solomons
My B-17s hit the port at Tulagi and hit an ammunition ship, setting it on fire. No, it didn't cook off.

Hawaii
After giving my Marines time to rest, we're going back after the remaining enemy troops on Oahu. Casualties were 1518 to 140 favoring us, and we wiped out several enemy units:
25th Ind. Engineer Regiment
28th Shipping Engineer Regiment
12th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
8th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
9th Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
21st Ind. Engineer Regiment
144th Infantry Regiment

Reinforcements/refits
CL Caradoc arrives at Cape Town
ML No. 269 arrives at Karachi
No.217 Sqn RAF arrives at Aden (2/15 Beauforts - pretty useless with no additional aircraft in the replacement pool)
35th FG/39th FS arrives at San Francisco (disbanded unit that had been fighting from the Coral Sea area to Java, 4/25 P-39s, training duty until we get aircraft to outfit it with)