View Single Post
Old 12-29-20, 04:24 AM   #1868
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerbcn View Post
I have a love-hate relationship with this super mod.

On the one hand, I consider it the best super mod. I like the tonnage war concept and time days spended for career advancement and sub improvement. No eye-candy, only gritty realism (less is more).

On the other hand, I find the installation (and later patching) terribly difficult and very confusing. Lots of guides pdf to read.

I wish someday there was an autoinstaller for NYGM.
Hi Bergerbcn. I have found the HSIE hardcode fix my biggest challenge. No matter if it is converted Steam install or actual DVD. My HSIE add on install under all situations fails. To fix this I do the following.
1. Install SH3
2. Install Living Silent Hunter. I use it as a stalking horse as it automatically installs HSIE patch. I then save that HSIE patched SHIII for any future installs I do.
3. Delete the Silent Hunter install, all of it and install Silent Hunter again.
4. Install the latest JSGME.
5. Install NYGM mods via JSGME
6. Install SH3 Commander
7. Copy over the saved HSIE patch from the previous effort.
8. Enable whatever HSIE features I want including the 4GB patch. Then activate that via JSGME
9. And I have a pretty good NYGM setup. Including future installs where I don't have to go through the pain of HSIE creating as I have a patched-with-HSIE Silent Hunter stored and ready.
10. Interesting is doing a follow-on with the Steiber patch-all the steps for that work...so... must be a more forgiving script. I like Steiber but don't always use it when I do an install.
11. I suspect the Tyco patch works too but I just haven't gotten around to using it.

My current, modest mod list is as follows. -- Good hunting.

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Single Merchant Contact Mod
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
epWYGM (note, different backgrounds for the attack and night scope)
Brown_Grey_Map
O2-Gauges v2
Patch_HSIE-V16B1

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM

Last edited by Leoz; 12-29-20 at 04:51 AM.
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote