View Single Post
Old 04-25-10, 02:15 PM   #13
KnightsCross
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Tanks for the great welcome Gents
Wow heaps of questions, I'll do my best to answer them
The Leopard I's have been offered free to RSL's ( Returned Services Clubs) and others, but the transport cost of $200,000 to move them is out of reach. It;s a shame the Army didn't use the excuse to transport these as Driver Training or an Exercise of some sort.
I have a clipping from a major Aussie news paper that says "Leopard II on track for the Army"
They were to be purchased for a mere $282,000 each. My son got me a 1/32 scale Leopard II to go with my Leo 1 which is modeled as 22A B SQN 1AR. I promptly modeled the Leo II as a Australian Tank and displayed them together, now I have the only Aussie Leopard II in the country
The purchase of the Abrams seemed to come from nowhere, they are all First Gulf War rebuilds. The Aussie crews seem happy enough with them, although many of the more experienced guys were looking forward to the Leopard II. Logistically they must be a nightmare with fuel, they need wheeled vehicles, as they can carry more fuel than the M113TLC, the problem here is, can they provide resupply to all the terrain the Tank will be operating in ?
Personally, once you have crewed a German tank why would you wont something else.
As for DU rounds, why ? there is already enough rounds out there that will stop a tank,.and soldier the world over have enough to worry about in their later years, they say that DU rounds along with the different cancers can effect the next generations by way of deformities and continuing cancers. I find that sad that Governments think this it's ok, As a soldier, I served, blow my leg off ! leave me bleeding on the battlefield ! kill me ! but don't pass these hideous burdens on to our children and their children ! enough said.

Back to gaming, I love to play WWII games, Panzer Front & PF Ausf B have been my mainstay, cant really say why but when I'm made to think about it, I think it has something to do with growing up, with WWII being the big thing for a kid in the 1960's I'm drawn back there just as a kid today has grown up with Iraq & Afghanistan they like the modern combat games.
Also I like the rawness or the basic combat of find em aim & shoot, rather than the radar and thermal imagery of the modern games, it's seem like cheating in a way. And lets face it the Tiger and Tiger II are irresistible to anyone who likes to think of himself as a commander.

I'm also scratch building a 1/6 Tiger I for my 1/6 Wittmann & Woll, and they are getting impatient with me when they see me playing TvsT LOL

Frinik what is the good news about SB, also my Mum says I'm Number 1 and no I don't live with my Mum

Tanks Again Gents
Salute Returned
Darren
"Facta Non Verba"
KnightsCross

Please feel free to ask any question and I shall answer within my Legal obligations
ALSO The depression of the 88mm gun on the TvsT Tiger ? , it should be -6.5 deg, it does not seem to be enough in the game

Last edited by KnightsCross; 04-25-10 at 03:17 PM.
KnightsCross is offline   Reply With Quote