View Single Post
Old 01-16-21, 10:37 PM   #2575
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Funny Thing Happened on the way to Sagami Wan

First, let me say that the NipponMaru addon is just excellent! Nice to see names that I recognize associated with the targets. And the somewhat revised (more alphabetized) Recog Manual is easier to use.

Now for a very small thing I found on my eighth patrol, fourth in Gato, this one out of Tulagi after transfer from Pearl Harbor. Assigned to patrol Area 5 (a carryover objective from Pearl). Left Tulagi March 27, 1943 and made it to Area 5 ok. After sinking a number of freighters (about 38,000 tons) in and around the bay to the North of the assignment flag, I decided to head up to Sagami Wan. Before I even got on a new course, Sonar detected a warship heading my way on April 12, 1943 at 16:10; it was at position 138-35E; 034-31N, and on inspection turned out to be an Armed Dahatsu 25mm (I think, because the picture in the manual doesn't show AA guns).

Anyway I could see 3 crewmen, one each on the two AA guns, and the "driver" for want of a more technical term. Then I saw a fourth crewman, walking behind the boat. I thought it might be the Japanese version of Jesus! As I watched, he strolled out on the water about a boat length or a little more, then turned and went back to the boat and stood beside the "driver" for a few seconds, then walked back out on the water. Kind of comical to watch, but I don't think it was what you intended.

Other than that, I love everything about v1.39 and the NipponMaru mods. You all have outdone yourselves. Can't wait to see what missions the Tulagi base will get for me. Adding Tulagi will no doubt erase some of the sameness you can get from career repetition.

I know you said not to use other mods, but I'm stubborn and used the environmental mods I've been using all along with FOTRSU. None of them change the play or boat files other than perhaps the sonar lines:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.39_EN
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
FotRSU_NipponMaru_Public_Beta_v1.1_Build

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote