View Single Post
Old 10-21-20, 01:19 PM   #12
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
In most cases you don't have to update the AOB once the PK in enabled. That was the major advantage of US TDC is had the PK section which continuously updated torpedoes until moment of firing. Of course, it depends on how accurate the information entered was. I have had to "dive and fire" multiple occasions, so firing on last bearings alone while under water and thanks to PK it keep data updating, scored four out of four hits from 2200 yards last time. Actually a pretty cool feature and glad it is in the sim.

Taking it a step further, with the 3d TDC and radar mod in TMO, have scored hits based on radar information alone at night on surface from 7500-8500 yards. (Large convoy screen unable to get in close) . PK played a role in this for sure.

That was the interesting part about Werner's video. He wasn't really adjusting the AOB per se, he was just using the AOB adjustment dial to initially align the heading of the enemy ship on the TDC to its course (North) and then the rest of his video showed the TDC/PK combination automatically allowing for own ship course changes as you say. I overlooked that usage when I viewed the video a couple of years back.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote