Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 10-24-16, 08:59 AM   #335
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Timbergold Trails has been released some days ago. Its easily one of their visually most beautiful reserves, and it also is huge, must be one of the two biggest in the game. The colours of autumn are more vivid and warm and friendly and - well, more colourful than on the Hirschfelden map, which is a bit too brownish, for my taste, autumn in Germany does not look that brownish at all. Currently the map has some sound issues and some problems with some of the animals' behaviour (at least in some people's opinion who think the snow ptarmigans are too difficult to hunt, but I just welcome that difficulty). Still, already now a very beautifu reserve - one of my favourites from immediately on. I also already had a first encounter with a grizzly, and as to be expected, the beast did not like to be disturbed, I ran into it in thick woods and bushes and could put it down just at last second after it rolled over my dog and now was charging me.

Really, I like this reserve. A mix of Hirschfelden, Redfeather Falls, Settler's Creek and Valle-de-Bois. The far distance panoramas can be breathtaking.

Graphics also have been beefed up, the lowest texture level previously in use no longer is there, and it seems the rendering distances of animals seems to have been slightly increased, maybe by 20-30 meters (220 or 230 meters before, now 250-260m).