View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 03:28 PM   #328
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The Pim-effect, as they call it, was the only one thing that has prevented a project that was close to fiscal collapse from going bancrupt. Else, the game would have been dead since several years by now .
Gotta interrupt right there, because this is highly debatable.
You claim the game would be dead if not for him or rather what he changed. We don't know that. What he did worked, yes, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have worked any other way but we will never know.
I know I would still support this if they wouldn't be trying to grab money at every opportunity while they are still unable to fix the game, or rather some important aspects.
Let me guess, Reindeer organ-map is still completely bonkers?
As in: Shoot it in the lungs -> get a brain-shot registered.
Or the weather? Still raining way too much, right?
The sound still too loud for many players and still no sliders in the options, right?
What about the botched iron sights for many rifles?
Robotic animal behavior that is 100% predictable?
Or the various stability and network issues? MP is SO frustrating.
And don't get me started on anything duck or geese. That is basically my main point when I talk about money grab. "Hey, psst...wanna hunt ducks? Ok but... spend ~50€ first so it actually works for you...OK? Fair enough?"
That... gnah...

Instead of addressing this, they copy&paste new weapons into the game for ridiculous prices. "Muh don't have to buy". Yes, and I don't. The point is their priorities. The point is the stupid community falling for shiny new toys instead of understanding that the base game is severely lacking. 100 reserves, species and guns are great - but not if the rest flat out sucks due to bad maintenance and support - because why give a "§%() as long as people buy the 'new' toys?

Once they fixed that and countless other things and start becoming user friendly, I'd even consider returning. But this won't happen, no way.

All worked up now over nothing. TH still gets to me it seems.
End of discussion for me, it's pointless anyways.
If you can enjoy this mess, good for you - no sarcasm here - I wish I could look past all this, but I can't.