View Single Post
Old 08-14-20, 01:46 PM   #1
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 Transfer to Atlantic 1st Mission Bug?

I am running SH4 with TMO with the RSRD-Campaign with all appropriate patches.
I also run a few minor environment/eye candy Mods like
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton,
Snarf_Digicamo_allclasses,
BRF 1.3 full,
and Tracer Mod v3 (which looks just fantastic in my opinion)

When the option to transfer to the Atlantic theater came up I took it.
So I get my first war patrol mission orders thinking this will be an interesting change being out of the Pacific only to get orders for a mission in the Pacific... which was more then a little confusing.

After reading a few posts in various threads I figured out that apparently in SH4 the game decides what your next mission is going to be as soon as you dock after completing the mission you just ended. Before I can look at my crew and hand out promotions and medals, before I upgrade equipment and restock torpedoes, and even before requesting a transfer, it decides what and where my next mission is going to be?

So 2 questions.

First, am I correct about when the game decides on my next mission? And B, is there a fix or a Mod, or any way around this so I don't have to go half way around the fu(k!ng globe for my mission, and then back again when I am done?

My search skills on the web in general are lacking. I have tried looking threw various threads for an answer to the 2nd question, but if there is one I was unable to find it. I guess I could un-check realistic fuel for that mission and proceed as normal, but then when I transfer back to the Pacific I would have to do the same thing again for my first mission back.

I thank you for your time and would appreciate any info on this.

-StealthRabbit