View Single Post
Old 08-09-19, 06:25 AM   #8
PeterS
Swabbie

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

No time compression. Time is fixed 1x. Understandable for multiplayer.

Unlike other subsim games, where you need to travel large distances and don't want to do that in real time, time compression is not really needed in Wolfpack. Each mission spawns you close to a random convoy, then you play that mission for 2-3 hours and are done. So you don't have to pass a lot of time travelling. Occasionally, with a bad spawn, you may find yourself behind a fast moving convoy, then the overtaking may take a bit longer, especially in good sight (need larger distance). So mission time may vary.

I don't think the goal is to create a Silent Hunter 5 successor, but to offer a hardcore simulator which throws you into the action while skipping the largly uninteresting "Gammelfahrt" (boring travel) part. I like both games and their philosophy, they complement each other nicely.
Anyways, I'm not the Wolfpack expert and don't know the roadmap, but got above impression from previous comments on this forum. Might be totally wrong.

U-Boat seems to aim for a full-fledged SH5 successor with some "Sims Atlantic" gameplay mixed in, but it's not yet there.
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote