View Single Post
Old 04-27-15, 08:50 AM   #502
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Looks like you found the entire Soviet submarine fleet Tango!

The thermal layer is a bit too effective now, yes. Currently almost nothing can detect you under the thermocline - I'll fix this soon.

Quote:
Do you plan on adding VLS tubes to some submarines? The LA Class submarine had these, and I think that the would be cool to have for anti-shipping purposes.

Also, when a destroyer finds me in my submarine, it seems that there is really no way to avoid him besides running away. However the ship still gets off a bunch of depth charge shots on me and my sub is crippled. How should I deal with this?
I plan to modify the code for ballistic missile launching to allow for anti-ship missiles at some point, which would allow for VLS tubes like in the 688. Might need a different control panel though, and that takes a while to implement. It will be included next update if I get time to add it.

The best way to evade destroyers at the moment is to dive below the thermal layer, they struggle to detect you there at the moment. If you're in shallow water and that's not an option, escaping is quite difficult - try rapid changes of course and speed. Go to maximum speed when you're detected, then suddenly cut the engine power and drift for a while. Next update should include decoys, which will help mask your position and make evasion easier.

Last edited by TheGeoff; 04-27-15 at 09:05 AM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote