Old 05-22-17, 04:26 PM   #62
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default sound fix

https://www.gog.com/forum/b_17_flyin...h/sound_issues

a copy an paste job

This fixed all sound errors for me, hope it helps......

the B17 main directory.(Computer, local disk, Program Files (x86), Microprose, B17) Then, go to the run command line and type regedit. Once in regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microprose \B17\General and right click on UseA3d, select modify, change the 0 to 1 and click ok. Then exit and use the my computer to navigate to local disk, Program Files (x86), Microprose, B17. Then locate and start(double click) the game using the Game.exe file (Just says Game with a B-17 icon) rather than B-17setup.exe, -(there are two and there are three B-17 icons, make sure it's the correct one) Then play the game normally, your gun sounds will be back along with the mechanical turret sounds. It's a good idea while you are in that B-17 folder to right click the B-17 Game.exe icon (or list, I have icons turned on) and send to desktop (create shortcut) Rename your new shortcut to say B-17 Sound Fix or whatever so you don't click the wrong one. (you should have two on your desktop now)

If you run B17setup.exe (start game normally) at any point after this the above registry UseA3d entry will go back to 0 and you will have to redo the fix. So if you make a change to the resoulution etc. just redo it and your all set. No problems for me so far.
Much Thanks to wombat778!!! I can finally play this game without stutter and now with sound!
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote