View Single Post
Old 03-27-10, 10:08 AM   #116
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Using VR with TheDarkWraith's UI mod

TheDarkWraith has renumbered the [Main groups and pages] lines in menu_1024_768.ini, located in data\menu\pages, and added his own line at the beginning of the list.

As I've found since starting to use winmerge, it's a great program that works easily, but not in all cases. In some, you have to double check what is being changed, so as not to miss anything, or to not add too much.

How I made it work was like this:

I copied TheDarkWraith's line:

1=D0;TheDarkWraithUserOptions

from his menu_1024_768.ini, then pasted it into skwasjer's menu_1024_768.ini above the 1=4A;Page BlackBandsUpDown line. I guess you can put it at the end too, but I haven't tried. (Perhaps he should have done this, rather than renumbering, but TheDarkWraith must have had a plan, so I won't question it - or did I just question it? hehehe )

I also changed GroupsNo=89 to GroupsNo=90.

Then I saved menu_1024_768.ini, which now includes TheDarkWraith's line at the top (or bottom), skwasjer's line at the bottom, and (I think) the original numbering, into TheDarkWraith's UI mod.

I deleted menu_1024_768.ini from the Voice Recognition data\menu\pages folder to remove any conflicts when loading JSGME, although if you leave it in and load VR last, the conflict will be there, but won't harm anything. Of course, you can do this all vice versa if you want, saving everything in the Voice Recognition mod and deleting from TheDarkWraith's mod - it's your choice.

That should do it. Let us know if that works for you.