Old 07-01-21, 02:07 PM   #2365
TitanicThomas
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yes, I for 1, would definitely be interested in a mini mod, that would stop famous ships, from respawning.. when you sink them.

With general merchants, that would be understandable for them to be reused more than once. Knowing that there were a multitude of more than 1 being made.. but when it comes to like, liners not so much the case. Same with BB's, CV's, basically warships... since there were more than 1 of them built of the same class design.

That's understandable...

That was 1 bone of contention that drove Me batty, with SH3... of known famous ships respawning... knowing full well that after a time when the most famous of these sank & was known to have.. & having them show up, time & time again, well after their demise. The most grievous of this happening would be warships, followed by certain liner ships.. that I know of.

So anything that can be down to limit those ships from rising from the dead like.. a zombie, would be greatly appreciated IABL... if there is something you know of that can be used to short circuit that from happening...

No pressure, just putting out there, a respectful request if you know of a way to stop that... please include it. Thanks.

Am still looking forward to the release of your hard work & effort with WW I sub warfare mega mod for SH4...

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Unfortunately due to time constraints liners other than Lusitania are a long shot. There will be several typical looking liners with 1-4 smokestacks, but probably not Olympic, Leviathan, Britannic, & Carpathia in the initial release. Possibly Mauretania because she can be designed quickly, using my Lusitania as a base.

Ships will stop spawning once they were destroyed historically - for instance no Lusitania after May 7, 1915, and no Invincible after May 31, 1916. I can add mini-mods via JSGME to stop famous ships from respawning when you sink them (if there is enough interest).
I would love a side mod that would prevent famous ships from respawning after they sink.

I asked this as I am coming from FotRS where I sunk Akagi yet she seemed to suddenly respawn a month later and really threw me off.

On the topic of Other ships I can understand that one. I only asked on Titanic's sisters in the war as both are famous in their own rights, Britannic being the largest ship sunk in the war, and Olympic being a troop transport who on record rammed at least to my knowledge rammed 1 sub that I can confirm. U-103. But yeah if your pressed for time dont push yourself... if the mod is fun on release thats all that should matter. Adding things over time is always a option.

Keep up the good work
TitanicThomas is offline   Reply With Quote