Old 11-14-19, 06:54 AM   #1348
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdiFerenc View Post
Hi guys,
Is there any documentation about using Silent3ditor?
Because I'm modeling the Seehund midget submarine's interior, and in some moths(years) I want to create a mod of it, but I don't have any experience in it yet.And here comes the other question.Can S3D create submarine mods for SH5 too?Or just 3 and 4?
Thank you!
Hi ErdiFerenc,

in skwasjer's profile page here on subsim, there are some useful links related with Silent 3ditor and its usage. S3D's homepage itself contains several useful tutorials, and you can find some video tutorials at this link. The documentation above should keep you busy for a few hours. Should you still have any doubts or unanswered questions after going through it, you can always ask here. There is always someone around ready to help.

As for your second question my answer is yes and not. In short: S3D can only edit 3D files that are in .dat format, plus the related binary files (.sim, .zon, .val, etc.) where unit/object controllers are stored. Conversely, SH5's main 3D format is the gr2 (granny) format which S3D can't open. SH5 makes a limited use of the .dat format, an working dat units can be imported in SH5, so in theory dat-format playable units could be possible, but there are several drawbacks/limitation related to the said file format and SH5 that make its usage not advisable with playable units, where you want all the eye candies on...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote