Old 03-28-20, 08:12 AM   #207
malc-c
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc-c View Post
Hi Guys,

I used to have a retail version of SH3 when it was first released some 25 years back, but haven't played it in decades, mainly as when we had a big sort out a few years back I through the DVD away.

I've been following Wolfpack345's videos in which he uses this 1080p patch / mod. So having a steam account I paid my £2.99 and downloaded the game which naturally runs in the 768 resolution

So downloaded this patch having browsed back through his back catalogue of videos, and followed the instructions. It all goes well until I try and run the batch file when I get this error

Code:
a8e75: 0 0, but currently 42

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . .
I spent best part of a day reading through huge long threads on here, most of which originated years back... getting confused as I opened more and more pages from links. From what I can gather, some versions of SH3 have their EXE file modified in some way....

Can anyone advise / give me a link to a 1080p mod that works with the steam version ??

Malcolm
Since I posted the above which as a new member I had to wait for the post to become live, I've now resolved this issue.

I found that if I followed the instructions to the letter it resulted in a black screen after the initial intro movies. So I just tried copying the batch files and the config file, but left the data folder as is. I also used the V16B1 mod to change the SH3 exe from steam to the stock version so the Tycho batch file worked. Through trial and error it patched the exe successfully and the game now runs at 1920 x 1080 resolution

Juts got to remember how to play the game now
malc-c is offline   Reply With Quote