View Single Post
Old 03-06-16, 03:09 PM   #38
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Gave every part a quick texture job (accidently in Dx format instead of oGL so darks are light and teals are yellow but easy fix just reexport)

Anyways, you can now run around the deck and climb the ladders up to the bridge. You have control of the boat except for the rudder I have a bug i need to fix.

It is extremely easy to fall off the bridge though so I might need to fake the width of the ship, or make the characters like 140cm tall instead of 190

I'm not putting much time into looks since the meshes will get edited and re-unwrapped and re-textured as I create the ways into the ship (2 doors, and hatch on conning tower, conning tower into boat batch and fwd/aft hatches. After that I can spend more time. I dont like seamless textures, with substance painter its so easy and quick to add custom dirt and grime and leaks to your textures painted in 3d. The channels are reversed and look how good this boat turned out.