View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 09:17 AM   #1406
Michael Wood
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 314
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Did the edits in the Sensors_Sub_US.sim changing all of the existing MaxHeight values for hydrophones and sonars to -8.0 and set up the new files in JSGME format. Activating them appears to have eliminated the surface hydrophone effects in both FOTRS-U and TMO/RSRD.

HOWEVER!

Although this small fix seems to work it has not been extensively tested. I tried it both with a new career and existing careers and the latter opened and saved without issue after activating the fix. The values in the relevant file in RFB 2.0 are -6.0 for all hydrophones/sonar which would seem to be why they do not detect when the boat is surfaced in that Mod.

I cannot upload here and am not prepared to sign up with a file-sharing site just to do so but anybody who can open SH3-Editor can make the appropriate edits as described above. Normal caveats for modding any program apply.

Good Hunting.

-C
Did some more testing, using the "Sensors_Sub_US.sim" from RFB. Hydrophones do not work on the surface, due to "MaxHeight values for hydrophones and sonars to -8.0" Hurrah!

However, the radar values are also affected in the RFB file. The early SD radar is short ranged, kinda wonky and undependable. I am sure other devices are also affected. So, I would recommend just making the "MaxHeight" change you recommended and not using the RFB file. Otherwise, you are sorta' playing RFB.

Last edited by Michael Wood; 01-04-20 at 07:25 PM.
Michael Wood is offline   Reply With Quote