View Single Post
Old 11-07-06, 04:40 PM   #93
Cue-Ball909
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj250
Okay. I usually run at TC 128 (let's say out in the Atlantic Ocean) and as soon as my Watchman (who has been qualified as Watchman) spots a ship (in SH3 you got the screen to make 3 choices and you cannot break TC until you answer one of those choices, then I immediately break TC.
I think this is what caused my problem. I was running pretty high time compression and when I got the popup I didn't want to dive. I wanted to just maintain speed and course and get eyes on the ship before I did anything drastic. Unfortunately, the TC doesn't seem to default back to 1X when you make a selection. So, I clicked "continue on course" or whatever that choice is, then immediately hit pause. However, "immediately" on 128X or 256X time compression is a fair amount of time in-game. Even if it only took me a quarter of a second between "maintain course" and pause, at 256X TC that's a full minute of game time! If i'm going 14 knots and the destroyer is going 20 knots (closing at 34 knots), we'll get a LOT closer in a full minute of game time. I wish that one of the options on the "ship sighted" popup was to pause the game or at least IMMEDIATELY set TC to 1X. I guess from now on I'll have to choose "dive" and hit pause ASAP.

I did find this: http://www.communitymanuals.com/shii...ssion_Settings

I'm going to try setting EnemyDetected=1 tonight to see how that works.