View Single Post
Old 07-31-16, 06:23 AM   #725
Gestapo
Swabbie

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling43235 View Post
Do not touch the game's basic.cfg, the fix is just for the mod's basic.cfg. Those fixes were made by someone else, so I am just the messenger and claim no credit.

Use the fix to replace basic.cfg in the mod (go to the mod folder, find "mod's name"/data/cfg/basic.cfg), with the mod being either Warship mod for GWX 3.0 or Warship mod for stock SH3, NOT the original SH3 game's basic.cfg. So you have to disable the mod first, then after you replace the mod's basic.cfg with the fix, use JSGME to re-enable the mod.
I realize that. That is exactly what I did, but it still doesnt work. Whoever made these fixes doesnt seem to have bothered to test them first.

Messed around with the contents of the fix and it seemed to work when I started a career in 1939... until sometime in 1940 when my saves started crashing again. Inexplicably, starting a new career made no difference. The worst part is that its impossible to pinpoint what is causing the save to crash. Theres no error log or anything that could point to the culprit file, and the reason for the error seems to be randomized. For instance, I realized saving in the command room did the trick, but that inexplicably stopped working too.

Could someone kindly contact Chinese U-47 with this problem if possible? I feel he may be the only one who could solve it.
Gestapo is offline   Reply With Quote