View Single Post
Old 02-25-21, 07:23 AM   #1213
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-190 View Post
"The changes made to the .aix, .dat, .sim, .val, .zon, and .dsd files are the intellectual property of TheDarkWraith and may not be used, modified, or duplicated in whole, or in part, without the express written permission of TheDarkWraith. The changes made to these files may not be used in any commercial application of any form without the express written permission of TheDarkWraith."

If you're so worried about someone using your work , why did you post it here? Just keep it all to yourself and use it yourself.
TDW tended to be a bit too emphatic when it came to defending his intellectual property, but you must understand that, when he wrote those release notes, there was a lot of people borrowing stuff from other's mods and calling it their own mod.

On the other hand I think no one will argue with me if I say that TDW was one of the most brilliant modders of our small community. He gave us mods and tools that very few SH geeks could. Despite his long inactivity period, most of his released work is still used, and up to the par with more recent mods. Had he kept that work for himself, I bet a lot of members here would be whining and demanding for similar stuff, and you might be in their number.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote