View Single Post
Old 11-19-20, 02:30 AM   #2212
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I have replicated the issue, and I have attempted what I thought would be an easy text-based "fix" for you, that would put the problem out of its misery, but the game refuses to cooperate with me in that manner. Apparently once set, it is in stone. So what you can attempt to do is load that previous Save and get your gun crews back into the repair team slots, then dock and end patrol. Accept the gun. Save the game and exit. Note the time. Then use the technique in

Post 2027 - Possible Deck Gun Fix For Failed Balao Boat Upgrade:

But modify it for your boat and gun. You are messing with the Save file, so back-up that folder by copying and pasting it somewhere else for the "just-in-case" scenario. The S-18 (and 42) only have a bow gun, which since there isn't a stern torpedo room, the deck gun ends up in Compartment 6, instead of 7 & 8, so adjust accordingly. The gun should be listed as "3inch .50cal CannonSClass" though, while the fleet boats use the "3inch .50cal Cannon". I have not proven conclusively yet, as to whether the listing of the AcceptedTypes is the problem, or the typo in the 4" gun on the S-18 boat. I don't think I'm going to worry too much about it, since it is addressed for the next version, as are all of the guns. Most were correct, but the incorrect ones caused issues (S18, Balao & Tench) when upgrading. I don't think we have completely "fixed" the Stock and other mods' issue with losing crews and guns though, just improved the reliability some...
Thanks for the help Propbeanie . Following the Balao instructions I was able to fix the deck gun. Now I have the overhauled AA mount and a working Deck Gun. This is much apricated and allows me to continue on with my campaign. Happy Sailing .
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote