View Single Post
Old 10-25-19, 11:21 AM   #136
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Not too sure about the history of the Kurds, Turkey and Syria about how long they have been friends are enemies, but when the USA was in a war between North Vietnam and South Vietnam there had only been 100 years of peace in that area in it's entire history.

Let them duke it out without us
You know what? We agree on nthat, I completely agree. Alreadsy years ago I said: Russia wants sYria, leave Syria to the Russians, let them sort issues out. But the West could not just leave Assad to himself, it shall not be that the slaughterer claims the prioze, no, a moral lesson was about to be lectured, and then the IS, and so... I always was agauinst this Syrian engament, by US, by Europe. Go back in the forum, read it, I said we shall stay out and leave them to themselves, and that any assistance to Assad'S opponents only would make the war last longer. My problem with this story today only was about the timing of the pulling out. Not what has been done, but how it was done. I described it in a metaphor in my reply to Rockstar: when you have guests on your boat, do not just throw them into the ocean and watch them drowning when you have enough of them. Go back to the beach and unload them there, and then have them not as guests anymore. And dont take in new guests, of course.

The Germans - of all things the Germans! - now talk about an international UN-sanctioned protection force in that area. The area where there are Turkish and Russian patrols already claiming ground. I can only shake my head about such naivety. Not to mention that the German army should have other priorities, considering the pitiful state it is in. Overstretched in too many out of area missions aleady now, low in personnel , and so many itnernal issues and deficits. Rumour has it that the German Pentagon already has plans for 2400 troops. While the whole mission was claulated to need around 40 thousand. Bah!!! The Germans... Well, it has more to do with internal German politics and the race for the next chancellory, and after a clueless blonde girlie we now have an even more clueless brunette wannabe-girlie as defence ministress. Well. Weiberwirtschaft.