Thread: TDC
View Single Post
Old 08-13-09, 05:20 AM   #3
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Despite the different layout and lack of the small angle (0.2° increments) auxiliary dials, the in-game TDC is really remarkably close to shown in the screenshot (which is just a texture anyway).

I think if someone was good with 3D modeling and how to configure dials, I'm sure most if not all of those TDC dials could actually be made to work, clickable and all. That's an exciting thought.

While not adjustable or shown in any way, the TDC in generating mode takes your current speed and course into consideration when evolving the solution. So unless you miss the errors and fiddling with extra dials (which would be tasked to an officer anyway) there's not really anything to miss with those.

The time dial must be a glorified stopwatch for the TDC.

The only dial that confuses me is the is the target length dial which might have been tied to the stadimeter for AOB calculations? That or it somehow was used when generating spread angles.

What I really need to make TDC operation realistic isn't that gauge area to be modeled in historic detail, but 3-5 other people playing the game with me huddled in a phone booth shouting numbers and turning dials.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote