C DuDe
Ensign

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares81
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl
I could hardly be considered a computer geek (to my everlasting detriment) as my knowledge of computers is limited to rather basic software troubleshooting, some ability to fix the registry and an even more limited knowledge of hardware conflicts and the like but I suggest you evaluate Macs.
I may be speaking out of ignorance here but since I got an iMac (running Vista under Boot Camp) my PC troubles have all but evaporated. Even if I ever had a catastrophic failure on Vista I can always go to the Mac portion of the drive and just delete/reinstall the whole damn thing.
Please remember that in no way am I qualified to give you good advice about computers but I have been through 4 pc's in 5 years and so far the Mac has been my best investment.
In any case good luck with whichever system you choose.
Judging by his taste in hardware, I would suspect that he wants to be able to play all the newest games. That is something that a Mac just can't offer.
For his next PC he might want to go to www.alienware.com . I've bin thinking about it but came to the conclusion that the shipment cost would be to great as I live in Europe.... not to mention getting it through Customs without them noticing it and having to pay additional tax over it.
C DuDe is offline   Reply With Quote