View Single Post
Old 05-14-14, 10:00 AM   #5
Thagarr
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

In my opinion, our New Horizons mod for POTC is absolutely fantastic! Of course, I am a bit biased as I have been a member of the Pirates Ahoy! community since it was founded over a decade ago. Our mod changes the gameplay of the stock game dramatically, we have changed a lot of the gameplay mechanics and world environments to make the game as realistic as possible given the limitations of the decade plus old game engine.

We have added hundreds of new ships, many new weapons, quests and side quests. The changes we have made are simply way to numerous for me to try and mention here! We also make mods for the game sequels Age of Pirates and Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned ships. You can find out much more over at our forums, the link is in my sig.

I don't expect you to take my word for it and there is a good review of our mod up over at IGN, it is a few years old, but should give you a good idea of what to expect from the Build Mod! As the reviewer mentions, it is almost impossible to find a legal copy of the game anymore, aside from the occasional copy on Ebay. Downloading it from torrents can be very risky, both for the risk of malware and viruses, but also the game code can be altered wich can cause major problems with our mods!

We have tried many times to try and get the games released as a digital download, but so far have been mostly unsuccessful. The folks over at GOG seem to be our only real hope of getting a legal digital copy. If you would like to help, please head over and vote for them to be added to GOG's lineup!

You can vote for Pirates of the Caribbean HERE, and you can vote for City of Abandoned Ships HERE, and last but certainly not least you can vote for the classic Sea Dogs HERE!!
Thagarr is offline   Reply With Quote