View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 11:10 PM   #10
Pyryck
Watch

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok69 View Post
I've been playing both SH3 and SH4 a lot lately. Trigger Maru setting the keys to be like SH3 helps a lot.

With SH4 I'm using TMO, Stop the Shouting, and Bigger Compasses.

With SH3 I'm using GWX, Thomsen's Sounds, Rbs Effects, and a torpedo damage mod. And most importantly, SH3cmdr.

I like SH4 a lot, but playing SH3 there just seems to be a lot more immersion. A lot more feeling that I'm really this Kaleun, and really a part of this war. Whereas, SH4 to me feels like a long disjointed series of patrols (with gigantic commute times... I know that's how it was). I'm thinking it must be SH3cmdr that makes the difference to me.

In SH4, from what I have seen, there isn't even a place you can look to see each patrol listed with total tonnage sunk. I can look in the logbook and click on a patrol, and see each individual ship sunk, but no total. This is just one example where SH3 with SH3cmdr is superior to SH4, in my opinion. Then you also have the crew management, etc.

Is there anything at all like SH3cmdr, for SH4? Or are there any other SH4 mods anyone can recommend, to help with the immersion?
While in base in the room, take a gander at the ACES chalkboard just left of the big map of the Pacific on the wall. The Aces list shows total tonnage for each skipper and is updated after each patrol.
Pyryck is offline   Reply With Quote