View Single Post
Old 09-23-10, 03:07 AM   #95
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SP beta

Hi FW, I have a Panther mission in my single user menu.Oddly it's with the Panther G model(which I liked better than the one they made for SP 1.5) and it's the Peschanoye mission.I haven't played it.No mission for the Luchs as you saidf.My mistake.

The T34/85 has new missions and this is great because frankly I was a bit annoyed when they recycled the old stock T34/76 missions and simply replaced the T34/76 by the 34/85 model and left the poor Germans unchanged with Stugs III C or D and Panzer IIIs or IVE having to fight 1943/44 Soviet tanks...The missions were so easy and predictable ....Now the game is balanced with Panthers and Tigers and Panzers IV F2( still waiting for my G or H model...) and late war Stugs.

I have the same problem you do with SP 1.4 being incompatible with 1.5 unoff and 1.5 beta....This is really annoying because for me too I cannot play or even modify my or your user-made missions to adapt and update them!What I suspect is hapenning is that because of different type of tanks, guns and APCs have been introduced with both the unoff and beta 1.5 and old ones have either been modified or given new vesions and this creates conflict within the ME and your game when you try to play or edit SP 1.4 user-missions on the newer mods.The techncfg and other sub folders have been modified to a point they are no longer compatible from one mod to another one.I really wish this could be addressed for continuity's sake!This means I'll have to redo from scratch some of my 1.4 user-made missions to update them.Good opportunity to rework them but I have over 80 so it ain't going to fun!!!I'll just keep the best ones I guess.

I have played the Jagdpanther.What a beautiful beast.Tough and nasty for Soviet tanks...Excellent supplement to the Stugs and Hetzers.The Ferdinand( Elefant) is also something but I am surprised the modders introduced that vehicle of which only 90 units were produced instead of say the Hummel or Wespe which were produced in greater numbers and had a greater impact on the War. I have yet to try playing the Brummbaer/Strumpanzer and the Marder.The T34/76 model 1943 looks very nice and interesting.On the other hand I can't say that I am impressed by the boxy T28 or Panzer 38t.Still useful additions when creating early war missions.One point of sorrow the Tiger e pack is not compatible with the SP 1.5 beta.I enabled it but all I hear is the game stock sound of the German MGs and the great yellow/green camo is gone!!!! I'' ll if he can modify his epack to make it compatible with the 1.5 beta!!!Funny cause it works with the unofficial 1.5?????

I have 5 installations 2 beta 1.5 , 2 1.5 unofficial and 1 sp 1.4 on my pc + my 5 backup installations on my Toshiba laptop.The annoying part is that for some odd reason some of my unoff 1.5 missions also give me the white screen on the beta 1.5 and some missions I tried to create on the beta release also give me the white screen????? I am starting it suspect that it's becasue some of the models in the ME are not yet in the game menu thus is creates a conflict because some files are not found by the game engine and thus it crashes..Hopefully an Alpha release with campaigns and missions being added will solve the problem.

Always goood to tak FW I'll email you by the weekend at the latest!

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote