View Single Post
Old 09-21-10, 05:22 PM   #92
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Frinik,

I agree with you in regard to the kind of atmosphere/immersion enhancing improvement that I would like to see in the game as well. However, this probably represents considerable effort on the part of whoever would be taking this on, revisions to the damage model and to the graphics components would probably have to be included. Lot's of work that I have not the slightest idea of how to do. Thus, I am very grateful to what the mod-makers have already provided us with, at no cost, too.
However, I do have a few techincal questions about SP 1.5 beta. I checked my Single Missions folder; the one in the game-install, as well as the one that comes with SP 1.5 beta. I did see a single mission for the Tiger II and the JS-122, but none for the Panther and the Luchs. Do you have them in your install?
Furthermore, I noticed that the "levels" folder for the missions includes a folder called "cocpits" (without the "k"). This includes files for a T-34/85 cockpit. However, that, too does not show up in my game.
Did I perhaps botch something in the install? I installed the SP 1.5 beta package to a "New Folder" on my desktop and then placed the folder "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta" from the new folder in the "MODS"-folder of my game and activated the mod via JSGME. These are the mods I have activated, in this order:

Steel_Sound_Mod_v1_1_fix_eng; Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta; Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng; PzVI_Tiger_Epack

Instead of using JSGME, should I simply have manually placed the files from SP 1.5 beta into their appropriate folders in my game install and overwritten any files when asked (permanent install)? I haven't tried that, yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote