View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 02:19 PM   #12
erahmig
Watch

Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
If you're overwriting one save game repeatedly, need to break that habit. Quickest way to (1) corrupt a save game file and (2) leave yourself with no backup is to save over a previous save without changing the name.
I had done some of that (saving over previous saves) earlier in the patrol. But, part of the way through I had stopped doing that and had begun creating new saves each time I saved, somewhat along the lines of your suggested naming convention but not exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Tired of the long slog back and forth, this might help;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5477

Changes the starting base for Pearl campaigns to a secret base near Japan.
I may look into this - thank you for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That almost sounds like you ran into the "Run-A-Way" spawn issue, where a few groups in the Campaign are not set correctly and just keep on spawning one ship every few days, and they finally gather into huge convoys, usually all DD. You get near that, and you get very similar symptoms... your patrol there, were you near the Japanese coast, or down south of Truk, say mid to late 1944 or later? Or - had you sunk quite a few ships, gone to an "advance base" for re-supply, went back out and sunk a lot more ships? Maybe a couple of patrols, and are saving on top of the other Saves?... ??
Hm, interesting. I was using the GFO mod. I wonder if the issue you mention ("Run-A-Way" spawn) happens with that mod?

This was the first patrol of the campaign and I had chosen a 1942 start. The first patrol was a "Patrol off of Honshu" patrol. I fulfilled that with about 8 ships sunk - a mix of DDs, merchants, and 1 fishing boat. I then radioed in and was given a photo recon mission at Taipei harbor. After barely surviving that due to a over-zealous Japanese DD (which I was able to sink) I had to spend some time repairing and pumping out the flooded forward torpedo room. Finished that and was on the long slog back home to Pearl when I started seeing the CTDs I mentioned earlier.

However, the jerky, stuttering TC started happening in the middle of the patrol - even during the "Patrol off Honshu" part.
erahmig is offline   Reply With Quote