View Single Post
Old 05-11-21, 04:35 PM   #14
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorMan View Post
I can say with a high degree of certainty that I won't want to play the vanilla version of the game. Its been a while, true, but even when I first got the game I think I only played about an hour with vanilla before I decided it wasn't for me and started piling realism mods on...

That said, it sounds like FOTRS is somewhere on the spectrum between vanilla and TMO, but closer to TMO, so I might try that one out.

As I said in the reply above, it sounds like FOTRS is somewhere between vanilla and TMO in realism, but closer to TMO, is this a valid assessment? If so, I might jump for that until your version of TMO is available. On a different note, are people actually developing things like the officers quarters / other compartments like you mentioned? Seems like the game would be in at best a maintenance state at this point, things getting updated like you're doing, but not really adding anything new...

Yes, Vickers has done a wonderful job creating officers quarters and torpedo rooms, other compartments for the boats , currently for FOTRS There are TMO versions in the work from what I understand.

A lot of new ships, features added. Things SH 4 community once dreamed of...AI vessels firing torpedoes, AI submarines etc.

I was away from subsim for a while until the pandemic last year, which prompted me to start work on TMO upgrade. I was impressed by all the new developments.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote