View Single Post
Old 08-11-12, 11:55 PM   #84
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi Stiebler,

Thanks again by this new update of your add on! It is just amazing!

I should like to say few words about the new fido (accoustic torpedo) add on.
I was thinking about it and i guess that itīs possible to change (or just make a new ) a bomb by a "fido" torpedo (i mean: 3d object and its texture) and also adjust itīs "explosion" impact on water to be more like a dropped torpedo hit on water. If all this really works as intend , later we can hook your "fido" routine to this object and them add it to the correct planes. As we already knows, by the hard tries from others modders, the ai torpedo on Sh3 just donīt work, the game donīt have code routines for it ... so, it will be not yet a complete eye candy aerial torpedo neither it will search for the uboat (it will desappear as it hit the water) but with a "fake" torpedo and your code routine we will get very close!

I will look for this when i have some free time, but the idea is open to anyone that want to try it!

Thanks again by your brilliant work!

Here the easy first step. The big problem is to have a plane that could behaviour like a torpedo bomber... well, this is for later work. Sorry to hijack the thread , but the idea of an ai torpedo is just so much good for sh3!

Last edited by Rubini; 08-12-12 at 12:28 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote