Old 06-10-20, 07:11 AM   #1826
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Readme form MFM3.2 disploacement correction mod :

The MFM3.2 displacement correction mod updates displacement values in iambecomelife's Merchant Fleet Mod Prerelease No. 3.2 for Silent Hunter 3. There were some ships that had incorrect 'mass' and/or 'displacement' values; for instance, the original surface displacement values for AO01A, AO02A, O01B, and O02A were 900,000 [tons].

I decided to go, one-by-one, through every ship in the MFM3.2 Data/Sea folder. For each one I checked the displacement documented in the .cfg file, then opened up the .sim file and set mass to zero and then set surfaced displacement to the same value as given in the .cfg file.

Instead of supplying all of the files contained in the MFM3.2 mod, the MFM3.2 dispacement correction mod only changes the .sim files. This way the mod is much smaller, and so much more quickly downloaded. Because of this you must *first* enable iambecomelife's MFM3.2 (via JSGME) and then enable the MFM3.2 dispacement correction mod.

All credit should go to iambecomelife. All I did was simply make some minor corrections to what is, by any definition, an immense and awesome mod.

~Albrecht von Hesse
This reminds me of another similar mod; the NYGM IABL mod also has Thompsen's Parameters applied to the ships so they're not so rubber ducky in heavy seas.
I'd recommend the parameters to be applied to any install for that matter, if it doesn't already have it applied.
Easy to do and it helps a lot.