View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 04:01 PM   #9
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterGamer View Post
Thanks for the support, I appreciate too!

So, you would like the kind of "last spotted" box data and the square thing? I can try doing that, but I don't know if it is possible, the main problem is that I can't find the variables giving enemy boat data, because I'm pretty sure there is a code giving the location in which the data should go to (e.g. Speed data goes to line xxxxxxxx or something like that...) and this would be good to mod in a data box with no solution percent and an estimate only (or even nothing)

I'll look in to it soon!

Happy Hunting!

I remember that the big number of enemy icons on the map (even on hardest game difficulty) and too much information about them was the major complaint players had about the game. In the hardest level, the icons will be without 'cue' to not reveal their course, but because their position is updated often this restriction is useless. In most of my patrols I succeed placing my sub ahead of a group when intercepting, this gives me a huge advantage to start combat.

As a comparison: In SH3,4,5 there are 'convoy reports' sent to you which are not totally accurate, so you have to do some guessing with the map plotting tools (alas not present in SH1). Especially the course estimate of the report can be wrong by as much as 30° which at long distances could make the difference wether you meet the contact or not. Also the speed is only guessed (slow, medium, fast; which can show 3 knots difference in one category). And actually contacts could appear as icons on the map with no speed or course data at all, simulating a radio interception of the contact (which is realistic because in such a case you would only have the position and nothing else.)

However, I'm aware that this code part in SH1 can not easily be changed (if at all). If possible I would take away the course and speed data in 50% of icons appearing on the map and considerably delay their data update also.

But again, impossible or not, I highly appreciate that you take your time with SH1

Cheers,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-05-19 at 04:15 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote