View Single Post
Old 05-17-15, 02:19 PM   #6
Major Johnson
Frogman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I appreciate your help..........that said,

I did select that kollmorgan scope you mentioned. Maybe that's why my aperture is small. Maybe I should remove it.

I know the sound files are replacing existing. My question is how do I properly run that batch file. Double clicking it brings up a cmd prompt and the file runs and decompresses all the files but it doesn't put them in the proper directory. Must I run the file from a specific directory? My computer history started with Win95/98. I never got into the intricacies of the cmd prompt, so my knowledge in that area is limited at best.

Edit:
From the syntax I can see it's using patemp to create the wav files, then it's supposed to move those new wav files into other directories. I tried creating the patemp directory, then running the batch file from within. It appear to run, but when I checked the files in the specified locations, there is no time change, so the new sound files were never actually installed.

Edit:
I reinstalled PA, this time not selecting the Kollomorgan scope and now I can see thru the periscope, although it's the stock PA scope, but it's better than not being able to use the scope at all. If anyone knows a fix for the small aperture in the Kollomorgan scope I'd appreciate it.

Now I'm running into another graphic issue. When I use "Q" to bring up the side menu, the engine speed is reversed, meaning I select Ahead Standard and the helm is reading Back 2/3, and I can't click on the settings. It has no effect.

Edit:
Kollmorgan scope issue is resolved. I found an old tread about having to "secure from red" to be able to use the scope. I'm sure that's a glitch but it's a simple enough work around. But the issue with the helm settings being reversed in the slide-out menu is still a problem.

This is literally how I've spent my day!!! I need a freakin break!

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
AMD FX8350 8 Core 4.0 Ghz CPU
GeForce GTX 560 Ti PCIx Video Card
8 GB Corsair Vengence RAM
Rosewill 850W Power Supply

Last edited by Major Johnson; 05-17-15 at 03:48 PM.
Major Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote