View Single Post
Old 05-17-15, 09:41 AM   #1
Major Johnson
Frogman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default SH2/PA install errors

So I'm trying to install PA, following the directions in the readme file, but I'm getting errors with any mod I try to install. First it was the Vickers3.0 mod, something about a missing file, also it was using some Media Flicker download manager, which I suspect was part of the problem, and my AV was warning me about it. Because I got the file from the downloads section I figured it was safe so I disabled my AV, but the mod still won't install.

I decided to bag the Vickers and TorpFX mods and tried to install the Hi-Res Mod. Although it looks like it installs, at the end of the installation I got the following error "The Program can't start because MSVBVM50.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Can I install PA and get these mods working later??

Thanks!

Update:
I was able to install the basic game, and I started a test campaign. Just a few anomalies I'm noticing.
1. The map in the mission briefing is still the map for the Atlantic.
2. When I dive and select F-12 for the outside view, my view is still above the water even though I'm at periscope depth.
3. The mission briefing said I was to patrol in Japanese home waters but my objectives say No Grid in the patrol area, so I'm really not sure where to go.
4. When I click on periscope view, it appears I'm standing a few feet from the periscope rather than looking into it, and I can't see anything. Raising the scope has not affect.

And just a general observation about the map controls in either version of SH2 or PA, there's no scrolling by using the edge of the map as there was with SH1. It makes it rather difficult to set the way points for areas outside the immediate viewing area. Is there some tip I'm missing??

Update:
I decided to start from scratch and totally uninstalled PA and SH2, then cleaned the registry. The directions say to Install SH2, rename the folder, then install the 1.1 patch. Does it matter if I install the patch before or after I rename the folder?

Now here's a stupid question! When it refers to the 1.1 patch, is that the SH2 patch or the PA patch?? I've been installing the SH2 patch!! But it doesn't make any sense to install the PA patch before the installation of PA? Doh!!!!!

I think I need some help with this patch. The default location is not what I renamed the SH2 folder to, which was "D:\Pacific Aces", it was "D:\SH2-PA\Backup"?? Should I redirect the path to where the game actually is installed?? On my first attempt at installing the game I did rename the SH2 folder to SH2-PA. Maybe the install found that somewhere in the registry that didn't get cleaned?

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
AMD FX8350 8 Core 4.0 Ghz CPU
GeForce GTX 560 Ti PCIx Video Card
8 GB Corsair Vengence RAM
Rosewill 850W Power Supply

Last edited by Major Johnson; 05-17-15 at 11:37 AM.
Major Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote