View Single Post
Old 04-10-21, 01:43 PM   #2334
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Yes, there will be a battle of Jutland. Many minor ship classes will be missing because it's impractical to model every type and recreate all the movements. But most of the noteworthy ships like Lutzow, Iron Duke, etc will be present.

Gun accuracy will be VASTLY lower than SH4 stock. I noticed in standard surface engagements ships destroy each other far too fast. Even the great German gunnery systems of WWI only managed a hit percentage that was, say, 4-5%. Possibly even lower.

I may even introduce a big-gun gunfire effect that does no damage (mixed randomly with real shells) so that engagements are more drawn-out.

Short-range guns will be accurate and lethal, to discourage the player from attacking warships on the surface .

Very nice. Will you use other ships to fill the roles of the minor classes not featured ?

I lowered the gun accuracy of AI units as well in my upgrade for TMO, to avoid what you are talking about. I scripted a fictional battle in San Bernadino Strait where BB/CA/DD force detached from TF 38 arrive in time to catch Kurita's center force in the evening of 25 October as it is retreating into the strait, they cross the T and engage in a brief battle. I have it set so it is 50 percent chance whether the US force force spawns so it may or may not happen, keeps things interesting. When it did occur, was a pretty intense surface engagement, fun to watch. Even ran in on surface like a pt boat, made torpedo attacks , hits on Yamato. Had to dive when a DD spotted me. Watching Yamato and Iowa slug it is loud and interesting.

That is a great idea about the big guns having a mix, look forward to seeing how that works.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote