View Single Post
Old 06-12-08, 06:10 AM   #4
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Quote:
I notice that some ships, such as the enhanced version of the Bismark from the Kriegsmarine mod, have a sort of wake at the bow, with water jetisoning off the sides.
That's probably just the standard wake repositioned a bit further forward and using Jiim's enhanced wake textures
Quote:
Interestingly, the ship was almost totally engulfed by the waves and dove right into the waves only to come back up.
This is a game limitation. You may have noticed that when you view a ship from above ( particularly the smaller DDs) they appear to submerge. It might have been an attempt to simulate ships plunging into the sea but only half worked.
Quote:
I was wondering if it would be possible to use the spray effect caused by the bombs hitting the water to create a bow mod.
I wouldn't like to say. Nobody ever attempted much with the particle effects ( except Vickers). A lot of the particle effects attached to a ship are defined in the model by rules I haven't begun to understand.

Personally I was never all that bothered by the lack of a big bow effect. A good wake did it for me.