View Single Post
Old 05-06-19, 04:11 PM   #4
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
I vividly remember that it took four significant patches and some awesome mods to get Silent Hunter 3 where it needed to be.
Oh yes, SH3 before mods was... well, an interesting experience. I think many have forgotten this, or have deliberately chosen to forget for the purposes of trashing every other submarine game which has come after. I also remember SH4 getting trashed when it first released, yet now those same folks will likely be singing a completely different tune!

People are fickle, and are too quick to write games off these days, which is partly why we don't get too many in this genre. No sane mainstream company is going to take the risk, not after the SH5 meltdown. It's now in the hands of indies, and we have to hope they can make a go of it, or else it's back to playing increasingly older titles and hoping they continue to work on modern systems.