View Single Post
Old 09-28-10, 04:04 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Zee vs Zee

O-Smiladon,

I couldn't agree more with Sledge Hammer. First of all , ZeeWolf is neither wasting his time nor his talent. What he said clearly in his first message to all us back in November 2009(read the threads) is that TvsT is his own consuming passion and that he loves that sim without reservation.He made it his mission to ressurect it and turn it into what he feels will be the best WWII tank sim on the market.He is not there yet but he is making steady inroads and has managed to attract a loyal and growing group of fans.I also have no doubt that unless badluck strikes he'll turn the new TvsT into a WWII tank sim classic. On another thread I was suggesting half tongue-in-cheek that we should rechristen the game Zee34 versus Zeeger.

When you talk of better eye-candy, bugs and deadend sim you are taking about the original game which was indeed bug-ridden, limited but still graphically pleasing to the eye. TvsT is graphically good and compare favourably with other tank sims like Steel Beasts( which I play), Steel Fury( which I am also a dedicated fan) and way ahead of Panzer Elite( which I also like and play) even with all the latest mods.

Zee Wolfe has pumped new life in the game with new maps, better AI and ballistics, new tanks , new mods and missions and numerous improvements. By next year the number of playable tanks will have increased as well as other improvements to the game.The bugs and glitches of the past are just that ; things of the past.The game is stable even though the price has been lower fps in some cases.

If you feel that he wasting his time and talent then I suggest you download and install and play his freebies( German missions 1 and 6 and Soviet mission 1) and see if you still feel the same? Don't feel like I am bashing you Man! You are entitled to your opinion and I am just being blunt self.This is my style not by any means a put-down...

Anyway, I am sure he'll read your thread and will give you his own take on the issue you are raising.

Nothing is eternal in the World and this goes for games and mods as well.That being said, you can see that tank sims that are more than a decade-old; Panzer Elite being one( 12 years old) and Steel Beast, which recently celebrated it's 10th aniversary, are still being modded and played extensively. Steel Fury is 3 years-old and is still being actively modded and improved while Tvst - which is also almost 3 - is still very much alive thanks to ZeeWolfe's one-man crusade. On the other hand, I wonder if a tank arcade-style game like World of Tank will still be around 2 or 3 years from now????

Re Multiplayer, I think he has left the door open to co-operation with MP modders in the future.

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote