View Single Post
Old 09-29-14, 09:35 PM   #10
kvn8907
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Three (four?) glitches

A few bugs to report in Sub Commander 0.25. I have pictures of them, but it's a pain to upload them to a file sharing web site since this doesn't have image hosting, so I'll hold off unless you request them.

First, I was given an impossible mission. I was tasked to sink a ship in the lake to the northeast of Leningrad (not sure what it's called) which in Sub Commander has no outlet to the sea, and in real life only has a river connecting it to the ocean, which flows right through downtown Leningrad (not a good chance of slinking through undetected).

Second, with this newest version of the game (didn't happen in older ones) every time I quit the game, I get a Windows 7 message saying that the application has crashed. It doesn't prevent the game from running, but is annoying.

Third, starting with version 0.24 or 0.23 I think when I'm at level 1 zoom in the world map, the mission marker disappears even if I'm very close to it. I'm sure that in 0.22 that marker still showed up in level 1 zoom.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a feature. There was a fire in the torpedo room and one of the torpedoes exploded, and with this newest version of the game, even internal damage causes flooding, so the evacuated torpedo room quickly filled with water. The fire was put out by the fire suppression system even before the flooding, so the room had 0% oxygen. As the room was flooding, I turned off the fire suppression system and opened the vent, and after a few moments, found the oxygen level of every other compartment dropping sharply, and people struggling to breathe, while the oxygen level of the torpedo room, now completely full of water, was stuck at 0%. I closed the vent to the torpedo room, surfaced, and opened the main induction valve, and oxygen level returned to normal elsewhere in the ship, and after the damage was repaired (two sailors with welding torches and SCBA) and the water drained, I opened the vent to the torpedo room again and it successfully replenished the oxygen. Was it a glitch that the inundated torpedo room caused oxygen to be sucked from the rest of the submarine when the vent was opened?
kvn8907 is offline   Reply With Quote