View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 09:13 PM   #206
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
?? Sorry I don't see anything "fleet boats" here at all, I just assumed that this title in the main menu was to launch your mod, since it wasn't I wondered why it was there, no ill will intended
Well, the way i read your post, "OK!! But why have the other? Can I get rid of it?" it sounded more like, "why have the other career option?" I sat there for a minute, staring at my monitor, having So we had a miscommunication apparently. My bad, though it's an easy enough thing to happen on subsim

Quote:
the boat was actually moving sideways at times with no turning or forward movement, was very strange!
I'd have to see that first hand, though when the game cant compensate for waypoints too close together, i suppose any crazyiness can happen.

Quote:
Should I set the game settings for unlimited fuel or is there some port I can get fuel, please remember I have never played SH4 before and certainly in SH3 you couldn't do it! The map shows no Suez Canal, do I have to go via Cape of Good Hope?
Well i've been making the general assumption that everyone here generally knows at least the cliff notes version of the German monsun boat operations.

Suffice to say, unlimited fuel is for wussies. The IXD2 is currently set at 23,700 NM @ 10 kts. 10 knots is (currently) your most economic cruising speed. That should come out to be "ahead standard" Acutally that will give you just under 10 knots in speed, but its close enough. When you get orders to go to Penang or any of the other ports near there, you leave from Bordoux, you head south, through the south atlantic, and around the cape of good hope. It should take you 20 to 30 days to reach madigascar. Somewhere at that time, a resupply tanker should become available to you. This tanker will not be initially visible when you first start your patrol. Travel to it, click the anchor icon that becomes visible to "rearm/refuel", and off you go again with a full load of fish and fuel.

Now remember, since i decreased the battery recharge times, you could possibly save a little fuel by operating submerged in some areas. Also after you resupply, you don't have to report to base right away. You could make a few diversionary excursions before reporting to your new base.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote