View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 07:45 PM   #84
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post
I would like to suggest that you consider using both upper and lower case letters in the display.
The LCD font is true to LCD layouts - lower case letters take the same amount of space, and aren't always clearer.

Quote:
Also, I suggest a hotkey beside each function. For example, your display shows "FULL" and "HIDE". Perhaps you could consider allowing a mode that shows "Full [F]" and "Hide [H]". Maybe have two different modes that can be activated/disabled according to player preference.
FULL and HIDE are placeholders for the time being. I'll certainly look at setting custom key bindings, though - that should be fairly easy.

Quote:
Also, you probably do not want to be generating a gazillion new ID numbers for contacts that are only lost or flicker for a second or two.
From the start of implementing the sensor system I made sure lost contacts wouldn't retain information. As it is, there's a fairly simple system in place to account for relatively long delays in-between contact without the contact getting re-assigned next time contact is made. But if it does go for too long, then yes, you won't know which contact is which.

Quote:
Will the information flow between allied players instantaneously?
It depends. But where this will really shine still remains quite awhile down the road.

For multiplayer, I tend to prefer to leave things to the host's settings, and this is probably a good place to do that. Some would rather just trust the other team to not cheat in such a way - and communicating information accurately about the ID of contacts might be difficult enough on its own that it wouldn't be too much an issue - but it shouldn't really be an issue to make data links always active for the entire team as an optional setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medley1991 View Post
Oh goooshhh, you break my heart ! SEAKING !

Nice job ! Keep on men !
Thanks!

Update coming soon. It's a highlight tonight.
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote