View Single Post
Old 03-02-15, 02:33 PM   #63
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

I used the profile view in a different way and got this result by letting the program interpolate the difference between the profile cross sections (A is forward and section K is about where the rudder starts (you can actually see the A where it starts and H,J,K at the end, the rest aft I did by hand). So 11 cross sections. The bow has to be done by hand as does the sail and any thing else. Not looking forward to the bow. You can see the wrinkles if you look real close FWD I dont think thats how these subs looked. Aft is fine, but forward of the sail I think is wrong. Either way... I'm gonna work from here, the topology is perfect (all straight quads with no terminators edge loops all around) 8000 polys so far.

One or two more days work and I can throw her into UE4 and get some action shots finally. I smashed my finger building a new desk chair and so modelling is a little hard cause I'm a hotkey fanatic and I cant do my code drills at all right now due to that so I'm just gonna read forward. We are finally getting into classes in the C++ book by building a console calculator. Woo-eee.... been there done that. Good practice though.

I already have the perfect texture pack picked out Doschs' "2k Sci-Fi Teture Collection" theyre all tileable with spec maps but unfortunately I'll have to generate normal and bump maps. Had to resize them heavily cause its an expensive pack and not allowed to redistribute to non-team members obviously. Speaking of that, lets say I had 5 team members and bought a subscription to Digital Tutors or Lynda and downloaded a bunch of video courses. Could I share those with my team or would I have to purchase 5 subscriptions. Makes you think, if my team was 100% local or in the same building, we would just share the files I'm sure or watch them together, how does the internet differentiate that.

Just a sample of the "rust" collection, I think theres 30-40 of them and theyre all tileable and 2k with spec maps.

Last edited by nsomnia; 03-02-15 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Textures
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote