View Single Post
Old 07-21-13, 04:28 PM   #25
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hi LGN1,

i see, you talk about what Teddy Suhren called a "master shot" : 15km distance during night. Are you able to identify such a target in SH3? Nor do i.

I suppose the real kaleuns would have probably acted in the same way than we: A long distance shot without identification and hopefully getting information through radio. But the first question: How often did that happen? And the second question: Who shall proof / confirm the reports? BdU in Paris? Did you ever read anything about such a procedure?

From what i read in the past, the quality of information which achieved the head quarter, was getting worse and worse when the war was proceeding. I don´t believe that anyone else in the whole Kriegsmarine could get better information than the kaleun "in the open countryside" ("hier draußen im Grünen").

I believe this asking for credibility is a nowadays´ attitude, because we are used to think in that "bureaucratic" way. The then responsibles hadn´t that awareness, that everything had to be "confirmed" else it wouldn´t be regarded as true.

Greetings

Leitender
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote