Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
Two questions and a comment:
1. I think I remember the ability to ask for a "Depth below keel." report. Is that still available? My apologies: I do not have the program loaded and so cannot review the F-1 window. Perhaps it is there and I missed it.

2. Re: Wilhelmshaven. What is considered a successful dock at home port? That is, does the returning sub have to clear those d.... locks and arrive close to the starting port in order to be considered successfully docked at Wilhelmshaven to end the patrol? I'm not sure when I can shut down to end a patrol without losing its results.

I have many OGG-converted sound tracks of WWII music - German, British, French in original language - that will play on the sub phonograph. These are the real soundtracks of broadcast music. Is anyone interested in my uploading them? Warning for my German friends: the German originals include some speeches and others are of German military band music that is clearly Third Reich in origin. You can delete them from the uploaded file of course. But this is what broadcast music etc. sounded like in the 1940s. I know, I grew up then. Yeah- I am that old!
Archive1
1. Yes, that ability to request the depth below the keel, is still available... I believe & would be in the nav officer's section, if I am NOT mistaken...

2. Just getting close to those dock locks, I believe, is sufficient, to kick in for being able to call for docking at port & be safe to do so without losing any patrol completion...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.