Old 06-08-21, 01:47 PM   #21
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Many thanks M.M. and wish your new career happy and fruitful.
hoy, flaminus...

Just wanted to take a bit & give an update on how things are going...

With the set up that I am running, everything is going swimmingly, thus far. Will admit, for a short bit, of some... concerns on the ship traffic, early on in patrol 1, I saw a whole influx of U.S. ship traffic I kept running into. I did see a Chitose tender, with an accompanying Minekaze destroyer. Radioed in & got told to let them go on their way, unmolested... that other resources would be assigned to them... *slight frown* That, didn't sit well with Me or the boys.. I closed in as close as I could & sent 2 fish off at the Chitose, before I disengaged. Suffice it to say, the snap shot I took on sending those 2 fish... missed. only 1 came near to making a hit.. & that was near the tail end of the tender. The other fish, the 1st I sent at it.. went well aft of target. (which tells Me, that dud option, is working as well as the add in files that govern torp dud rates.. which, is all good. ) After that, was nothing but a slew full of U.S., Brit & Netherland traffic that I ran across after those 2 IJN ships. I ended the patrol, after hitting 45 days out & made an end run to the new base, which by then was set to Surabaya...

Flash forward to patrol 2... still out of Surabaya, as it has not yet fallen. Complete 3-4 objectives... 1 of those being the initial one on heading out.. objective 4, has Me patrolling the Sibutu passage... when what to My wondering eyes appeared... 2 IJN merchies... halleluiahs.. relief as I was starting to seriously wonder if the traffic wasn't borked... with the un in with IJN shipping, even with it being merchies... was a very much welcome relief.

No idea which 1 of the mods it is responsible, but... loved the near to realistic manner in which the Ada Maru, went under... can't say about the Taisohan, as it sank rather quickly, after 1 shooting it. I do have realistic ship sinking times, selected by the way... am running with 100% realism settings... though I do have the event cam on... which I had to do some... creative editing of the percentages in GameplaySettings, or was it the main.cfg file... was 1 of the 2... at any rate, is My only vanity selection in the settings before having started out on patrol 1 that I chose to go with... the joy of watching a ship go under.. while not having the boat at peri depth.. & doing evasive maneuvers...

Any way, long & short... everything looks to be working as it should & just wanted to give you a heads up.. I appreciate the work that went into your mod add in...

Many thanks...

M. M., signing off...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 06-09-21 at 01:46 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote