View Single Post
Old 12-27-12, 06:25 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

After having blown the engines twice now, and having ripped the plane into pieces in midair twice also, I maybe must relativise my statement that the Duke is "easier to fly than the Cheyenne". It'S true, the Duke is better-behaved on final approach at low speed and fully configured than the Cheyenne, the Cheyenne tends to drop quite fast if minimum speeds are not maintained properly, and it is a blockier, heavier thing to steet in the air at low speed. But the Duke easily overspeeds - very easily. And that can not only burn through the engine (you may or ma ynot get a small ammount of warning time when oil temp goes up or the red lights in the warning announciator panels starts to light up), but after 20, 30 seconds at high speed, your cockpits starts to desintegrate around you and the plane attached to it as well.

Actually I olike that, this plane is an unwise choice to put on autopilot and then leave the room for the next half an hour. You have to be on your guard - always. Even more so when you fly with the option for a random engine failure independent from your handling, set to "on". I use "very low probability", which according to RealAir gives me a "once in 500 minutes" chance to get hit. But that is the thing with provbabilities: you may get hit three times in the first hour - and the next 50 hours nothing happens.

Nice package. Very nice. Surprisingly, it often puts more stress on my frames than the PMDG737NGX in midair and on ground. I wonder why.